Friday, October 11, 2013

My Take on The Beanstalk Rom for the Galaxy Note 1 N7000


I tried so hard to resist the urge to flash a custom rom on my note N7000 but as people on XDA forums always say "my flashing finger was itchy" so i couldn't resist anymore.

The first rom i tried was the one i trust most and the one i knew wouldn't disappoint me: Cyanogenmod 10.1 which is built on Android 4.2.1 Jellybean and i have to say it was up to my expectations a clean interface, stable radio and smooth.

n7000 beanstalkBut after a couple of days I wanted to get more customizations for example the transparent status bar and it was really hard to get it done on Cyanogenmod 10.1 so I decided to search for a different rom that allows more customizations. As usual i started doing my research surfing through the XDA forums sifting through different threads while checking on youtube for rom hands on until i found BeanStalk Build 4.3.1001 which is built on android 4.3

I flashed the rom and i was surprised how fast and smooth it is, not only that but it's full of different functions and customizations that i didn't expect will be all included in one rom.

I have been using it as a daily driver for more than a week now and so far it's been great. No random reboots, strong signal, not laggy and a long battery life.

Worth mentioning that if  you post about any problem you are having with the rom in the thread you'll get a prompt reply which is a good support for the rom.

You can check out the list of the features and download the flashable zip from the Beanstalk thread on XDA here

4 comments :

  1. Does the S-Pen work in this ROM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rom is based on CM, It has support for Spen but you need to download apps to use it with, I'm using papyrus for note taking, for the gallery i use photo desk
      so yes it works but it doesn't have the fancy apps of Samsung Touchwiz roms
      also I managed to download sketchbook for samsung s3 and it works well

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing useful information
    Get Videocon prepaid & postpaid mobile services to explore the world with easy postpaid bill payment, online prepaid mobile recharge and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete